Monday, March 9, 2009


Today I set writing goals like every other day. I have been doing well completing them. I've been getting things done that I need to do. I spent hours editing yesterday and was so excited to do my final editing today. But when I went to do so I could not find my work anywhere on my computer. I searched and searched and never found what I had done yesterday. Luckily I found another copy of my work. There was a ten page difference from what I did yesterday.

I have no idea what happened to my copy especially when I know that I saved it more than once yesterday. I was angry at first but happy that I found the earlier version. It just made my work harder in that I had to incorporate the new changes with the old. Ten pages may not seem like a lot but it is when there are changes throughout.

I am going to save it in three differences places tonight and email it to myself. I usually email it to myself and forgot yesterday. I kind of miss my little Brother Word Processor because it never let me down. I love my computer too but I have had more problems with it than I ever had with my measly word processor. Actually, I never had a problem with my word processor which carried me through undergradute school and two different graduate programs.

I say all of this to say that I did not reach my goals today but hopefully will tomorrow. I also wanted to know, where is my word processor? Please, give it back!

No comments: