Friday, April 3, 2009

I haven't written in the past few days. I started in a new real estate office and have increased my hours. I have to make money and God presented my business partner and I with a wonderful opportunity. So, I am focusing on retail in commercial real estate in NYC and surrounding areas. We are in the marketing phase. I have the papercuts proving that I stuffed and sealed over four hundred envelopes yesterday.

When I leave the office, I am convinced I am going to write for at least an hour but that has not happened this week. I am off tomorrow and Sunday so I will be writing. My office is closed for two days next week in celebration of Passover so I can do a great deal of work then as well. I am looking forward to that time. I need to edit the final version of my adult book so that I can start sending query letters out again.

I gave my nephew my completed middle grade book to read. I wanted him to review it. Of course, my niece was offended because I didn't ask her to review it. Now she needs to have her own copy too so I have to go and mail her a copy over the weekend. I am excited that they both want to help me. In addition, children are honest and they will tell me if it is a good book or not. I think it is funny that I have them both signing contracts that they will write a one page review (at minimum) and have it returned to me no later than June 1st. I know they have school work so I wanted to give them enough time. Oh and you know it is for a fee. My nephew agreed immediately and requested fifty bucks! I laughed at him and we agreed to a lower fee. I have more for them to read so we will have to devise a plan.

I hope everyone has a safe week of happy writing!!

No comments: